It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:39 pm 

Yulin wrote:
I have to admit, Dirty, I'm one of those that thinks that comparision is completely unfair. Reeves was just fired, we were completely disorganized, minus Dunn, Vick just back, away, yada yada yada.

I'd probably bet a lot of people are going to agree with you on that one and I don't blame you. Another thing going for the Colts was the emotional dog fight the Falcons were in on MNF against Carolina (or was it SNF?). So the team was pretty depleted.

But the biggest thing I have with Colts vs Falcons is our secondary vs Harrison, Wayne, and Stokely. It would probably re-define the term "being burnt" to be sure. The saving grace for the Falcons would be to generate a monster pass rush and fluster Manning then play some of the best ball control ever.

Post subject: Great wording dirtybirdnw
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:59 pm 

I like that the falcon's would redefine the word being burnt.I also like the word "toast" as the falcon secondary could be embarassed.Manning thrives on the blitz and that is what it would take to get to him and even that there is a fiar chance Indy off line protects Manning.The Colts are the one scary team I would not want to face in the Super Bowl.I know I am getting way ahead but teams that want to win championships have tosize there opponent up way down the line . I think Manning would tell our secondary how do yall want it get beat by the long pass ,intermediate or short pass.

The only hope I see even a small chance is the falcon offense to hold on to the ball and keep manning off the field.You would need everything clicking,Vick passing,the running game chewing up yards and no turnovers.Easier said than done.This game would be so hyped it wouldn't be funny.Back in 2003 Freeney made Shaffer look like his girlfriend always in the bakcfield.Now they have Simon,Larry Tripplett and the other def end isn't bad.I think the colts have a real chance of going undefeated this year,I know sounds ridculous but will see.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:13 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Yulin wrote:
I have to admit, Dirty, I'm one of those that thinks that comparision is completely unfair. Reeves was just fired, we were completely disorganized, minus Dunn, Vick just back, away, yada yada yada.

I'd probably bet a lot of people are going to agree with you on that one and I don't blame you. Another thing going for the Colts was the emotional dog fight the Falcons were in on MNF against Carolina (or was it SNF?). So the team was pretty depleted.

But the biggest thing I have with Colts vs Falcons is our secondary vs Harrison, Wayne, and Stokely. It would probably re-define the term "being burnt" to be sure. The saving grace for the Falcons would be to generate a monster pass rush and fluster Manning then play some of the best ball control ever.

The colts, are also, a much better team than they were then...they have more of a slower paced offense..they run it more...keep there D off the field longer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:14 pm 

I think the Colts will probably lose at least 1 to 2 games. Whether that be because they actually get out played (Pitt & San Diego stand the best chances) or because their starters sit to get rested for the playoffs I think Miami's undefeated mark will never be toppled. Teams play smarter now and make sure their players are fully rested for the playoffs which is more brutal then ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:37 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the colts are the best team in the league. they are a great team. but i don't know if they should be deified just yet. i think the falcons are being sold short and the colts are being given a mystique without having won a championship yet. if they win it, they'll have the deification coming to them. until that happens they still have something to prove. just my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Vick needs to get to that point
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:03 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

thescout wrote:
Vick needs to get to that point all the time where he brings his A game.Consistency vs inconsistency is the big question with Vick.If we did play the colts in the super bowl 2 or 3 3 and outs the Falcons could be down 21-0.

Nobody grings their A game all the time. The great thing about the Elways, Youngs, & Vicks are that they are not one dimensional; so if they're throwing poorly or their receivers aren't catching the ball they can make things happen with their legs.

I agree with buddy. Last year it was the Steelers that were destined for greatness. Every year it's another new team that is supposed to be better than the rest of the league. With the Colts, I will believe it when I see it.