PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:06 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

FALCONS REPORT
Vick finally fully healed

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 11/09/05

FLOWERY BRANCH — Quarterback Michael Vick said there was more to his strong performance in the Falcons 17-10 victory at Miami Sunday than trying to prove his detractors wrong.

The bye week preceding the game allowed Vick the down time for his sprained right knee, suffered in a 30-10 victory over Minnesota Oct. 2, to heal, he said. The physical upgrade allowed him to improve his footwork and complete 22-of-31 passes for 228 yards — season highs.

Vick completed just 11 passes in each of the two preceding games against New Orleans and the New York Jets, when he played with a sore knee. Vick did not play in a 31-28 loss to New England Oct. 9, and then aggravated the initial sprain in a 34-31 victory over the Saints Oct. 16.

"It affected me a lot but I never said anything about it," Vick said Wednesday. "I came back to play and played my heart out and did whatever it took to win football games even though my leg was hurt. I wasn't 100 percent. The week off came at a perfect time. I was able to get myself close to 100 percent. I was able to go out last week and feel good about it, feel good about my knee and feel good about myself and play the game I wanted to."

Vick practiced without a brace or support on the knee Wednesday for the first time since getting hurt against the Vikings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:12 pm 

I have a hard time beliving that was why Vick had a good day passing. But hey, Vick can spin it however he wants. If anything being 100% from his injury just means he can scramble better then he has in the past few weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i don't buy that either. if vick continues to pass with the accuracy he did in that miami game, i'm betting the coaches did some qb mechanic work with him. i don't think starting roddy or a healthy knee is enough to make vick such an accurate passer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:31 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I dont buy it either. He's had only a small handful of decent passing games in his career. If you asked him though, he'd probably say he was injured all those other games. Funny thing is, he doesnt like playing injured. He says he cant do the things he does when he's less than 100% of the time.

Vick talks out of both sides of his mouth than any player I've ever known of in the NFL. As far as his passing goes, lets see if he can do it consistently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:35 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

BirdWeisErrr wrote:
I dont buy it either. He's had only a small handful of decent passing games in his career. If you asked him though, he'd probably say he was injured all those other games. Funny thing is, he doesnt like playing injured. He says he cant do the things he does when he's less than 100% of the time.

Vick talks out of both sides of his mouth than any player I've ever known of in the NFL. As far as his passing goes, lets see if he can do it consistently.

He can definatly have back to back good passing games this week, with a mediocre at best, Packer's Secondary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdWeisErrr wrote:

Disagree. Vick has played injured through out his career, and quite frankly, there have been a game or two I wish he sat out to heal. Schaub is more than capable.

It's obvious you don't follow the Falcons much, because Vick never uses injuries as an excuse. Nice try though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:00 pm 

Vick's first year as a starter he played with a seperated shoulder and a pair of bad digits. Vick has no problem playing with injuries. Although he was hesitant to comeback from his broken ankle but I could understand that one.

Vick playing through injuries is of no concern here. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:46 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
BirdWeisErrr wrote:

Disagree. Vick has played injured through out his career, and quite frankly, there have been a game or two I wish he sat out to heal. Schaub is more than capable.

It's obvious you don't follow the Falcons much, because Vick never uses injuries as an excuse. Nice try though...

Vick never uses injuries as an excuse? Just to keep it simple, I'll only go back a day or 2. "It affected me a lot but I never said anything about it," Vick said Wednesday. "I came back to play and played my heart out and did whatever it took to win football games even though my leg was hurt. I wasn't 100 percent. The week off came at a perfect time. I was able to get myself close to 100 percent. I was able to go out last week and feel good about it, feel good about my knee and feel good about myself and play the game I wanted to."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:53 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdWeisser wrote:
Vick never uses injuries as an excuse? Just to keep it simple, I'll only go back a day or 2. "It affected me a lot but I never said anything about it," Vick said Wednesday. "I came back to play and played my heart out and did whatever it took to win football games even though my leg was hurt. I wasn't 100 percent. The week off came at a perfect time. I was able to get myself close to 100 percent. I was able to go out last week and feel good about it, feel good about my knee and feel good about myself and play the game I wanted to."

I think you've had one to many Birdweisser's. Where is the excuse in there? And an excuse for what? Is he making an excuse for beating the Dolphins?

He's dinged up and letting us know. He's never said after a loss "Well we loss because of my injured this or that." Again, nice try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:30 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

He finally throws for 200 yards then tells us he's been injured but he's healthy now. Believe what you want, and I'm not saying he hasnt been injured, he just timed his "I'm better now" speech perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:38 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdWeisErrr wrote:
He finally throws for 200 yards then tells us he's been injured but he's healthy now. Believe what you want, and I'm not saying he hasnt been injured, he just timed his "I'm better now" speech perfectly.

Again, where does he say he hasn't thrown for 200 yards because of injuries? Where does he say he threw for 200 because he's healthy? You're making s*** up. If you're a Vick hater, cool, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't be putting words (or anything else) in Vick's mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Great, now we're gonna have to start discussing starting Schaub over Vick :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:00 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
BirdWeisErrr wrote:

Again, where does he say he hasn't thrown for 200 yards because of injuries? Where does he say he threw for 200 because he's healthy? You're making s*** up. If you're a Vick hater, cool, you're entitled to your opinion, but don't be putting words (or anything else) in Vick's mouth.

What words have I put in Vicks mouth? The only words I said he said are the words he actually said. I only said that he used the words he said at the perfect opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:20 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

http://falcfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... f7c38b132d

Bad knee = bad footwork? I still say the biggest problem with Vick this year has been the absurd amount of drops by everyone this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:43 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The_Incomparable wrote:
http://falcfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=909&sid=953b90013645be18353ab6f7c38b132d

Bad knee = bad footwork? I still say the biggest problem with Vick this year has been the absurd amount of drops by everyone this season.

i don't think the bad knee had anything to do with the footwork. but i suspect vick did some work on his mechanics, which would include footwork, during the 2 weeks he had off during the bye. (also, the announcers of the miami game talked about mora was preaching the importance of footwork for a qb during the bye, which was the first time i've him preach such a thing)
i'm not saying the recievers didn't drop the ball in the past. they did in a most sickening fashion.
i just didn't see the passes going way over players heads or in the dirt (impossible balls to catch) as often. almost all of vicks passes in the miami game were catchable so they were caught, thanks in due part to the fact, dez and jenks wasn't in there.
also i have never even implied in any thread bad knee= bad footwork. in fact i said vick saying his passing was effect by his knee was bogus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:08 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Eh, whatever. Figured I would throw it out there to stop the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The_Incomparable wrote:

dang comp, you were acting as peacemaker?! :shock:
anyhow i wasn't the one fighting. it was angry and budwieser.
whatever is causing vick's improved accuracy i betcha vick comes out and passes well again this week. even if he didn't we should win easy as long as there aren't turnovers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

buddyboy wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:

dang comp, you were acting as peacemaker?! :shock:
anyhow i wasn't the one fighting. it was angry and budwieser.
whatever is causing vick's improved accuracy i betcha vick comes out and passes well again this week. even if he didn't we should win easy as long as there aren't turnovers.

Yep, as a matter of fact, if Vick throws for under 200 yards it will mean we had a good lead for most of the game.