It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: After hearing this today on ESPN no excuse to notbeprepared
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:37 pm 

Listening to the ESPN radio show they had Eric Allen on talking about what coaches go throught when reviewing tapes of the other team. allen mentioned that the tapes coaches have acces to nowadays its ridculous how much tape can be watched on every situation the other team may run against you.For example if you want all the 3rd down plays an opponent has ran against all the teams you can have it on disk in 20 minutes.If you want all the 3rd down plays with 3rd and 10 yds they can get that for you.If you want all the slant plays for every team to watch and defend you can get that in 2 minutes.Folks there is no excuse not to know the other team like a book and be unprepared. sometimes I get the feeling our coaches are watching film for the first time on how to defend or run an offensive play and beat the other team.This is there paychecks yet vs Green Bay we were unprepared.

I had no idea teams had that kind of technology available.I thought they had to watch the whole game to watch every play.Nope,according to allen coachs can watch specific plays,specific situations vs the other team through out the whole year.We as fans we have to watch the whole game we don't have near the technology as the coaches so why aren't things getting done to correct the problems?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:32 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I don't think this is as much a case of not being prepared as poor decisions & execution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

piss poor tackling is where the biggest problem lies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:53 pm 

Steve-O wrote:
piss poor tackling is where the biggest problem lies...

That and a lack of effort by the DB's. They do not need to be robotic clones doing exactly as Donatell says. Jump some routes for the love of god!

Of course having 4 pass rushers on the defensive line will result in piss-poor run defense too (Babs, Lavalais, Coleman, and Kerney were the starters against GB). We need some run stoppers on the line because 4 pass rushers can't stop the run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Not to mention pass rushers are useless when all the passes get out in under a second or two for most of the game.