It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Randy to Oakland
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:32 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The Vikings sent Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for a 1st round pikc (#7 this year), LB Napolean Harris, and a 7th round pick (either in 2005 or 2006).

Well a few of us debating acquiring Moss on this here forum, and ultimately he was dealt elsewhere.

Moss is a good fit in Oakland because he will be utilized well in the vertical offense of Norv Turner. Plus he has a bit of the "outlaw" Raider mystique.

Harris will likely be moved to SLB in Minnesota, a position I think he is the ideal fit at rather than MLB.

It will be interesting to see who the Vikings now target at #7. One could assume that they are looking at a DT like Travis Johnson or a DB like Adam Jones/Antrel Rolle. Or they could be position themselves to get Mike Williams.

An interesting trade. I don't think Oakland is going to be the best environment for Randy to "reform." They don't have strong leadership there. Well, maybe you could call Davis strong leadership, but he's not what I'd call quality leadership. We shall see. It will be at least interesting to see Randy in the Silver & Black.

Profile E-mail