It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:19 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Yep, Dave has a very good point. This happened last year as well. Go back and read the first page of this entry. It actually led to a Commish Change. A deadline is a deadline, and with the amount of internet services available these days I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a computer/phone somewhere. It just isn't fair to the others in the league. The last time you posted on FalcFans was 25 June 2010.....that's a 2 month window.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:15 am 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Yep, Dave has a very good point. This happened last year as well. Go back and read the first page of this entry. It actually led to a Commish Change. A deadline is a deadline, and with the amount of internet services available these days I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a computer/phone somewhere. It just isn't fair to the others in the league. The last time you posted on FalcFans was 25 June 2010.....that's a 2 month window.


I waited because injuries happen in preseason and wanted to see how all that shaped up before making my decisions. You can find it hard to believe if you want but the two I readily had access to weren't available. As for not posting for 2 months, I didn't realize it was a bad thing to take an offseason break--people do have lives other than football you know. If you don't want to do it, that's fine--find someone else to play because I'm not starting over just because you choose to be completely inflexible over something that I had no control over. Hell, this was one of the first places I showed up on after I got my computer running but I guess that doesn't count for anything with you...

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:59 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Capologist wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Yep, Dave has a very good point. This happened last year as well. Go back and read the first page of this entry. It actually led to a Commish Change. A deadline is a deadline, and with the amount of internet services available these days I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find a computer/phone somewhere. It just isn't fair to the others in the league. The last time you posted on FalcFans was 25 June 2010.....that's a 2 month window.


I waited because injuries happen in preseason and wanted to see how all that shaped up before making my decisions. You can find it hard to believe if you want but the two I readily had access to weren't available. As for not posting for 2 months, I didn't realize it was a bad thing to take an offseason break--people do have lives other than football you know. If you don't want to do it, that's fine--find someone else to play because I'm not starting over just because you choose to be completely inflexible over something that I had no control over. Hell, this was one of the first places I showed up on after I got my computer running but I guess that doesn't count for anything with you...


Answer this please:

1. Did you go back and read in the thread what happened last year??? Did that motivate you at all to make sure your keepers were selected??? You could have checked the boxes and changed them later if you wanted.

2. I am not being inflexible at all. The rules were set months ago. Why should there be an exception made just for you???

3. You do realize that you have the first three picks in the draft anyway. Therefore you could pick CJ, Wayne and Romo without any problem. Then you have to alternate with Dave for the next two picks. Looking at your roster you really didn't have more than 4 good keepers anyway. So despite your "mistake" you still have the core of your team.

4. Sorry I don't understand in 2010, you couldn't find a neighbor, a friend, or a terminal somewhere to click a few boxes. Apparently you found some method to post to AF.com as you posted more than 10 times to that site the day before and the day of the keeper deadline.
.......Instead you put me and the League in bad position to have to cater to you. If you still want to take your ball and go home then please tell me ASAP so I can find someone to take your place. Last year was a teaching moment concerning this very issue. Apparently it flew right over your head.

5. As far as taking a break from football, you still posted at AF.com. Was the R&R just for Falcfans or everyone???

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 am 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
1. I read it when it happened, I didn't have to go back and read it. No, it didn't motivate me to do anything because I keep up with my team as it is and had I selected them early I could have very easily gotten stuck with an injured player. Yes, the timing of my crash was bad but not much I can do about that.

2. Because this was out of my control. I could understand the hardline stance if it was an "I forgot" issue but that's not the case.

3. No, I have not had time to analyze my draft picks yet--I've been spending my time loading OS, dealing with Microsoft on validation and getting my computer world back. I made no "mistake", I did nothing to cause my computer to crash. Considering the team won the championship, I'm sure there's more than 4 players I'd like to have back.

4. I do not know my "neighbors" all that well much less to ask if I could intrude on their lives to borrow their computer nor was that at the forefront of my mind as I was trying to figure out what I needed to do to get my data back, etc. For some reason, I can get into AF.com but not other boards. If I knew your handle over there I would have PM'd you and let you know what was going on. I feel bad that this happened and obviously would rather it didn't and part of it is definitely the fact that I come on here and the first thing I read are your insults towards me.

Given the draft facts you've given me, I'm more inclined to stay but I'm going to have to think about it as it's the principle of the thing at this point. I will give you an answer tonight sometime...

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:51 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Sorry Cappy, but I know of no computer crash that lets you onto one site and not another. You were posting on AF.com right up until the deadline of the keepers.

By the way I didn't "insult" you. I told the truth and you took it as an insult.

If you want to play, you can. However the longer you wait to tell me means the window could be closing. What could be preventing you from saying yes or no????

As far as your keepers go, you made the playoffs because of a tiebreaker, as 3 people finished 7-5. You won the tiebreaker because of one player, and that was CJ. You won fair and square. However it still confounds me how you can ignore a FFL that you won, in a forum where you are a moderator. Had you checked just the top 6 players on your team we wouldn't have a problem. But you left them blank.At some point you should have just said "Hey I screwed up, I see that I can still have most of my top players, so expect me to have another good season"....but you decided to turn it into a Cappy v.s. Commish battle, which it clearly wasn't.

Like I said above, I know of no way you can access AF.com and post 10 times on the 20th and 21st with a computer that has crashed. Yet not be able to use email....access ESPN.com or the hundreds of other ways to get messages out that you were having trouble. It doesn't make any sense.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Sorry Cappy, but I know of no computer crash that lets you onto one site and not another. You were posting on AF.com right up until the deadline of the keepers.

By the way I didn't "insult" you. I told the truth and you took it as an insult.

If you want to play, you can. However the longer you wait to tell me means the window could be closing. What could be preventing you from saying yes or no????

As far as your keepers go, you made the playoffs because of a tiebreaker, as 3 people finished 7-5. You won the tiebreaker because of one player, and that was CJ. You won fair and square. However it still confounds me how you can ignore a FFL that you won, in a forum where you are a moderator. Had you checked just the top 6 players on your team we wouldn't have a problem. But you left them blank.At some point you should have just said "Hey I screwed up, I see that I can still have most of my top players, so expect me to have another good season"....but you decided to turn it into a Cappy v.s. Commish battle, which it clearly wasn't.

Like I said above, I know of no way you can access AF.com and post 10 times on the 20th and 21st with a computer that has crashed. Yet not be able to use email....access ESPN.com or the hundreds of other ways to get messages out that you were having trouble. It doesn't make any sense.


I did not post on my personal computer (the one that crashed), I was at work and at lunches, breaks etc there are certain sites the filtering software allows me to go to and for whatever reason, AF.com is allowed while any other forum I try to go to, fantasy sites, music streams, etc. are blocked. Nothing was ignored, I checked the site several times in my "hiatus".

You did not tell the "truth", it may be what you see or your perception but it definitely isn't the "truth", you are mistaken in your perceptions entirely and those were nothing but attacks on my character and yes, I took that as insulting as would any other rational human being on the planet.

I didn't "decide" to turn it into anything, I simply explained my situation and asked you to allow me to set my keepers. Your hardline stance and doubting what I'm telling you has turned this into what it is. You really have to ask what could be keeping me from saying yes or no? I clearly said it's the principle of the thing in my last sentence. As I said, I will post an answer this evening after I've thought about it and decide whether or not I'm willing to give in to you and your rules are rules approach...

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:27 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Capologist wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
Sorry Cappy, but I know of no computer crash that lets you onto one site and not another. You were posting on AF.com right up until the deadline of the keepers.

By the way I didn't "insult" you. I told the truth and you took it as an insult.

If you want to play, you can. However the longer you wait to tell me means the window could be closing. What could be preventing you from saying yes or no????

As far as your keepers go, you made the playoffs because of a tiebreaker, as 3 people finished 7-5. You won the tiebreaker because of one player, and that was CJ. You won fair and square. However it still confounds me how you can ignore a FFL that you won, in a forum where you are a moderator. Had you checked just the top 6 players on your team we wouldn't have a problem. But you left them blank.At some point you should have just said "Hey I screwed up, I see that I can still have most of my top players, so expect me to have another good season"....but you decided to turn it into a Cappy v.s. Commish battle, which it clearly wasn't.

Like I said above, I know of no way you can access AF.com and post 10 times on the 20th and 21st with a computer that has crashed. Yet not be able to use email....access ESPN.com or the hundreds of other ways to get messages out that you were having trouble. It doesn't make any sense.


I did not post on my personal computer (the one that crashed), I was at work and at lunches, breaks etc there are certain sites the filtering software allows me to go to and for whatever reason, AF.com is allowed while any other forum I try to go to, fantasy sites, music streams, etc. are blocked. Nothing was ignored, I checked the site several times in my "hiatus".

You did not tell the "truth", it may be what you see or your perception but it definitely isn't the "truth", you are mistaken in your perceptions entirely and those were nothing but attacks on my character and yes, I took that as insulting as would any other rational human being on the planet.

I didn't "decide" to turn it into anything, I simply explained my situation and asked you to allow me to set my keepers. Your hardline stance and doubting what I'm telling you has turned this into what it is. You really have to ask what could be keeping me from saying yes or no? I clearly said it's the principle of the thing in my last sentence. As I said, I will post an answer this evening after I've thought about it and decide whether or not I'm willing to give in to you and your rules are rules approach...


If this were decided on principle, you would clearly lose. Your character has taken quite a hit, when you first said your computer crashed, then said it was only possible to access certain sites. Did you have email???? Why not email someone here??? Pudge????

But this is not about what transpired AFTER 21 AUG 2010. It is about what transpired BEFORE 21 AUG 2010. Don't try to turn your failure to adhere to the rules into "my " problem. This is clearly your problem. This is not a hard line stance. If it were the first time it happened, then I would probably cut you some slack. But it happened last year as well. EVERYONE was advised not to let it happen again.

You first said you needed a break from football, yet you posted over 100 times on AF.com. You could have corrected this problem by using ONE one those posts to set your keepers.

I think this is like when someone fails a drug test. First they try to deny and blame their way out of it. I called you out on your obvious "crash" problems, and had evidence to back it up.

You have until 3 pm EST to decide. I have already sent out invitations to other potential players here on Falcfans. You are more than welcome to continue playing. We would like to have you here to defend your title. However your poor example at trying to turn this into an issue doesn't speak well for your respect of the Office of the Commish. 3 pm EST.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:

If this were decided on principle, you would clearly lose. Your character has taken quite a hit, when you first said your computer crashed, then said it was only possible to access certain sites. Did you have email???? Why not email someone here??? Pudge????

But this is not about what transpired AFTER 21 AUG 2010. It is about what transpired BEFORE 21 AUG 2010. Don't try to turn your failure to adhere to the rules into "my " problem. This is clearly your problem. This is not a hard line stance. If it were the first time it happened, then I would probably cut you some slack. But it happened last year as well. EVERYONE was advised not to let it happen again.

You first said you needed a break from football, yet you posted over 100 times on AF.com. You could have corrected this problem by using ONE one those posts to set your keepers.

I think this is like when someone fails a drug test. First they try to deny and blame their way out of it. I called you out on your obvious "crash" problems, and had evidence to back it up.

You have until 3 pm EST to decide. I have already sent out invitations to other potential players here on Falcfans. You are more than welcome to continue playing. We would like to have you here to defend your title. However your poor example at trying to turn this into an issue doesn't speak well for your respect of the Office of the Commish. 3 pm EST.


What part of "I did not use my personal computer to post" was unclear to you? I have email at work but where would I get the email addresses from? I had no access to the sites. Yes, I missed the draft last season and took my lumps--this is NOT the same circumstances at all.

As I explained, for whatever reason, the filter at WORK on my WORK COMPUTER does allow access to AF.com for some reason but blocks every other message board I've ever attempted to access. Again, why would I post my keepers there when I don't know who's over there and if anyone would read it? Further, 95 out of those 100 were in Anything But Football.

You haven't called out jack crap nor do you have any kind of evidence. You simply aren't making the distinction between a non-functional personal computer and a functional work computer that has site filters on it. Respect has to be earned and returned, it's not given. I can't meet your 3pm deadline as I won't be here, I've got errands to do and I'd like the opportunity to look over my team and the draft itself. I will be able to give you my decision by 7pm EST. That will give me plenty of time to get my stuff done and take a cursory look at everything.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Capologist wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

If this were decided on principle, you would clearly lose. Your character has taken quite a hit, when you first said your computer crashed, then said it was only possible to access certain sites. Did you have email???? Why not email someone here??? Pudge????

But this is not about what transpired AFTER 21 AUG 2010. It is about what transpired BEFORE 21 AUG 2010. Don't try to turn your failure to adhere to the rules into "my " problem. This is clearly your problem. This is not a hard line stance. If it were the first time it happened, then I would probably cut you some slack. But it happened last year as well. EVERYONE was advised not to let it happen again.

You first said you needed a break from football, yet you posted over 100 times on AF.com. You could have corrected this problem by using ONE one those posts to set your keepers.

I think this is like when someone fails a drug test. First they try to deny and blame their way out of it. I called you out on your obvious "crash" problems, and had evidence to back it up.

You have until 3 pm EST to decide. I have already sent out invitations to other potential players here on Falcfans. You are more than welcome to continue playing. We would like to have you here to defend your title. However your poor example at trying to turn this into an issue doesn't speak well for your respect of the Office of the Commish. 3 pm EST.


What part of "I did not use my personal computer to post" was unclear to you? I have email at work but where would I get the email addresses from? I had no access to the sites. Yes, I missed the draft last season and took my lumps--this is NOT the same circumstances at all.

As I explained, for whatever reason, the filter at WORK on my WORK COMPUTER does allow access to AF.com for some reason but blocks every other message board I've ever attempted to access. Again, why would I post my keepers there when I don't know who's over there and if anyone would read it? Further, 95 out of those 100 were in Anything But Football.

You haven't called out jack crap nor do you have any kind of evidence. You simply aren't making the distinction between a non-functional personal computer and a functional work computer that has site filters on it. Respect has to be earned and returned, it's not given. I can't meet your 3pm deadline as I won't be here, I've got errands to do and I'd like the opportunity to look over my team and the draft itself. I will be able to give you my decision by 7pm EST. That will give me plenty of time to get my stuff done and take a cursory look at everything.


A little over an hour Cappy. That's how long you have. At 3 pm EST you will be locked out unless you decide to stay.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Capologist wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

If this were decided on principle, you would clearly lose. Your character has taken quite a hit, when you first said your computer crashed, then said it was only possible to access certain sites. Did you have email???? Why not email someone here??? Pudge????

But this is not about what transpired AFTER 21 AUG 2010. It is about what transpired BEFORE 21 AUG 2010. Don't try to turn your failure to adhere to the rules into "my " problem. This is clearly your problem. This is not a hard line stance. If it were the first time it happened, then I would probably cut you some slack. But it happened last year as well. EVERYONE was advised not to let it happen again.

You first said you needed a break from football, yet you posted over 100 times on AF.com. You could have corrected this problem by using ONE one those posts to set your keepers.

I think this is like when someone fails a drug test. First they try to deny and blame their way out of it. I called you out on your obvious "crash" problems, and had evidence to back it up.

You have until 3 pm EST to decide. I have already sent out invitations to other potential players here on Falcfans. You are more than welcome to continue playing. We would like to have you here to defend your title. However your poor example at trying to turn this into an issue doesn't speak well for your respect of the Office of the Commish. 3 pm EST.


What part of "I did not use my personal computer to post" was unclear to you? I have email at work but where would I get the email addresses from? I had no access to the sites. Yes, I missed the draft last season and took my lumps--this is NOT the same circumstances at all.

As I explained, for whatever reason, the filter at WORK on my WORK COMPUTER does allow access to AF.com for some reason but blocks every other message board I've ever attempted to access. Again, why would I post my keepers there when I don't know who's over there and if anyone would read it? Further, 95 out of those 100 were in Anything But Football.

You haven't called out jack crap nor do you have any kind of evidence. You simply aren't making the distinction between a non-functional personal computer and a functional work computer that has site filters on it. Respect has to be earned and returned, it's not given. I can't meet your 3pm deadline as I won't be here, I've got errands to do and I'd like the opportunity to look over my team and the draft itself. I will be able to give you my decision by 7pm EST. That will give me plenty of time to get my stuff done and take a cursory look at everything.


A little over an hour Cappy. That's how long you have. At 3 pm EST you will be locked out unless you decide to stay.


Then go ahead and shove it square up your arrogant, pompous ass then Birdbrain and remove me from the pick 'em as well. I'd rather not be associated with anything being run by someone as obtuse as you.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:31 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:41 pm
Posts: 2298
Location: Albany NY
Wow this has snowballed! Let me give my 2 cents here, this has gotten personal, which is unfortunate and unneccesary, lets take a step back here guts. Cap don't quit the league your the champ and you did it while missing the draft last year, which is impressive. You'd have at least the top 3 pics this year and probably 6 out of the top 12. You'll get most of your team back, I say challenge yourself and keep playing, it's just a game. Take your personal feelings for BB out of it and you know you'll have a good time. If I were you I'd want to beat his rear in FF now more than ever. As for BB being hardline, well he is amd that's what we all agreed on last year.

BB perhaps you could give Cap some time to cool down, I understand the draft is close but giving him till he gets home at 7pm isn't unreasonable.

Hopefully a timeout will let cooler heads prevail.

_________________
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:13 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
DaveWaz wrote:
Wow this has snowballed! Let me give my 2 cents here, this has gotten personal, which is unfortunate and unneccesary, lets take a step back here guts. Cap don't quit the league your the champ and you did it while missing the draft last year, which is impressive. You'd have at least the top 3 pics this year and probably 6 out of the top 12. You'll get most of your team back, I say challenge yourself and keep playing, it's just a game. Take your personal feelings for BB out of it and you know you'll have a good time. If I were you I'd want to beat his rear in FF now more than ever. As for BB being hardline, well he is amd that's what we all agreed on last year.

BB perhaps you could give Cap some time to cool down, I understand the draft is close but giving him till he gets home at 7pm isn't unreasonable.

Hopefully a timeout will let cooler heads prevail.


Actually Dave it never got personal as far as I was concerned. He made it clear from the start that it was either his way or I was an idiot. He has no respect for the league, nor the way it is run. This was all spelled out on numerous occasions. I gave him numerous chances to explain himself and to stay in the League. But anytime you get in a pissing contest with someone who has any authority, and you are clearly wrong, then you will lose. I told him exactly what you just said, but he went all "I've been offended", and "my character was attacked". That is absolute BS when you are the one in the wrong. Last year the exact same thing led to the Commish being replaced. Why should the League be subject to the exact same thing a year later??? He had months to get his keepers in. Everyone else did. Sorry but he is out.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:56 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
DaveWaz wrote:
Wow this has snowballed! Let me give my 2 cents here, this has gotten personal, which is unfortunate and unneccesary, lets take a step back here guts. Cap don't quit the league your the champ and you did it while missing the draft last year, which is impressive. You'd have at least the top 3 pics this year and probably 6 out of the top 12. You'll get most of your team back, I say challenge yourself and keep playing, it's just a game. Take your personal feelings for BB out of it and you know you'll have a good time. If I were you I'd want to beat his rear in FF now more than ever. As for BB being hardline, well he is amd that's what we all agreed on last year.

BB perhaps you could give Cap some time to cool down, I understand the draft is close but giving him till he gets home at 7pm isn't unreasonable.

Hopefully a timeout will let cooler heads prevail.


Thanks Dave, but it wouldn't have changed my mind.

Let's really sum up the facts though:

1. Unprovoked character attacks: Me being a nonparticipating moderator when he has no access to any of the issues brought to my attention and confronted me on the editing of language which I USED to do routinely as all my well know (when I was on my religious kick but that's a different story); attacking my work on the salary cap when he had no knowledge of what went into it or why I stopped doing it and then assuming I had the ability to communicate with the forum and just simply didn't (which isn't true either). I answered factually to each of these challenges with no angry remarks although it does anger me when people make such charges and don't have jacksquat to back it up.

2. I did not come in here demanding to be able to set my keepers, I specifically said "I would like to request" and gave the reason. This reason was immediately challenged and no matter how many times I explained the situation, Birdbrain continuously challenged me, thus accusing me of lying without having the balls to come right out and say it. There is no precedent of me ever trying to do this. When I missed the draft last year, I flat out said, "my bad, I'll deal with it".

3. Despite that, I was willing to consider to continue playing in the league even though I was insulted at every turn in his typical condescending I'm better than you manner. I stated I would let him know "this evening" whether or not I'd play--something I didn't HAVE to do. I could've kept my mouth shut and just not shown up for the draft but I showed plenty of respect for this league by saying I would put it to rest this evening.

4. Despite the above he decided to assert his authority further by imposing some arbitrary deadline on me. When I informed him that I would not be prepared enough nor would I be home to make a decision by that time and simply stated I'd have an answer by 7pm (and truthfully would have actually been able to answer now) it was given no consideration whatsoever.

Honestly, dealing with asshats like that are just not my idea of fun. Good luck Dave, I wish ya the best and if you guys ever overthrow the tyrant, I might be interested in rejoining but nah, even if he were to reconsider now, I wouldn't play because of him and his s***ty attitude.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:27 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Cyril will joining the League. I wish you the best Cappy, but you clearly have some issues. You blew off the draft last year. You blew off the first 6 weeks of the picks contest. You blew off your job as a moderator. And you blew off setting your keepers. That's what we call a pattern. Some issues with commitment perhaps??? I grew up hearing "Where there is a will, there is a way." Had you really been concerned about beating the deadline, you would have found a way to get it done. Excuses don't work for someone who has a pattern of behavior such as yourself.

I think your issues Cappy are best magnified by your last statement. Saying to Dave that you would consider coming back after I was "overthrown" is so "Beckish"....You were in the wrong. This may be Fantasy Football, but that is where the Fantasy should end. There is no tyrant here. Just a guy who wants to have a serious FFL. For that to happen you have to have rules, and the enforcement of those rules is my responsibility. You were given every opportunity to stay in the League. However your childish games were too much for you to overcome.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:06 am 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Cyril will joining the League. I wish you the best Cappy, but you clearly have some issues. You blew off the draft last year. You blew off the first 6 weeks of the picks contest. You blew off your job as a moderator. And you blew off setting your keepers. That's what we call a pattern. Some issues with commitment perhaps??? I grew up hearing "Where there is a will, there is a way." Had you really been concerned about beating the deadline, you would have found a way to get it done. Excuses don't work for someone who has a pattern of behavior such as yourself.

I think your issues Cappy are best magnified by your last statement. Saying to Dave that you would consider coming back after I was "overthrown" is so "Beckish"....You were in the wrong. This may be Fantasy Football, but that is where the Fantasy should end. There is no tyrant here. Just a guy who wants to have a serious FFL. For that to happen you have to have rules, and the enforcement of those rules is my responsibility. You were given every opportunity to stay in the League. However your childish games were too much for you to overcome.


Still can't admit your own faults huh? Honestly, had you simply left out all the condescending remarks and basically calling me a liar (which I am TELLING you that I have completely been honest) and said, "Sorry to hear of your computer issues but we voted to not bend the rules for anything whatsoever so I'm bound by that," I would have been just fine with that but that's not what went down. Your attitude caused this plain and simple and still perpetuates the rub between you and I.

You have absolutely no knowledge of what I have or haven't done as a moderator and thus are completely speaking out the wrong orifice. I didn't "blow off" the draft last year, I simply forgot--forgive me for being a human being--we all know you're perfect, you remind us of it constantly. I took my lumps and said my bad. I didn't "blow off" setting my keepers. I had a plan in place and unfortunately had computer issues at a bad time. Further, since you were keeping such close tabs on my posting at AF.com (which all occurred during normal working hours btw which backs my story 100% as you do not see night time postings from me over the past 2 weeks), why didn't you simply PM me asking why I hadn't set my keepers if you were so concerned about running such a tight ship? Had I known you were even on those boards, I'd have gladly PM'd you and let you know what was going on and how it could be handled. Again, your perfection gets in the way of any kind of rational thought as to what a person's mindset could be when they have extremely important data at risk. As for my childish games, I simply asked for a few hours when YOU slapped down a hardset arbitrary deadline. As I said, I didn't even have to do that but out of respect for the league I CHOSE to do so. The only thing childish is you not giving me those few hours. Funny you can spot everyone else's faults (even if they aren't really there) but never admit to your own. I'm done with you on this issue. I had really hoped things had changed since the run in's we had a couple of years ago but obviously not...

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Cappy, I don't hold any leftover animosity towards you. Once again that is Fantasy. You are trying to use this argument to explain your lack of commitment. We had no problem with the past as long as your level of commitment was good. When YOU decided to blow off the deadlines, then you use the "past problems" card. Sorry, that is just pathetic.

The bottom line is you had months to set your keepers. Even then you could have remained in the League had you just stated your desire to do so. I had to use a deadline, as I had to find someone to take your place. That isn't easy to do with less than 48 hours before the draft.

As I have previously stated, your lack of commitment was evident when YOU decided to quit the League. It is the same lack of concern that you have showed in other areas. Ask anyone on this site and they will tell you the same thing. You have literally disappeared the last 2-3 years. But that didn't stop you at the other football site. Pudge really doesn't need much moderation here. He does a damn fine job himself. However there is more to being a moderator than correcting bad language. Leadership and a site presence are also very important. Not participating over a 2-3 year period makes it very difficult to exert any authority when the need arises. It is the same in our League. Had I just shown up once every three or four months, and not done any checking it would be difficult to have a good league.

This is my final comment on the issue. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:38 am 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Cappy, I don't hold any leftover animosity towards you. Once again that is Fantasy. You are trying to use this argument to explain your lack of commitment. We had no problem with the past as long as your level of commitment was good. When YOU decided to blow off the deadlines, then you use the "past problems" card. Sorry, that is just pathetic.

The bottom line is you had months to set your keepers. Even then you could have remained in the League had you just stated your desire to do so. I had to use a deadline, as I had to find someone to take your place. That isn't easy to do with less than 48 hours before the draft.

As I have previously stated, your lack of commitment was evident when YOU decided to quit the League. It is the same lack of concern that you have showed in other areas. Ask anyone on this site and they will tell you the same thing. You have literally disappeared the last 2-3 years. But that didn't stop you at the other football site. Pudge really doesn't need much moderation here. He does a damn fine job himself. However there is more to being a moderator than correcting bad language. Leadership and a site presence are also very important. Not participating over a 2-3 year period makes it very difficult to exert any authority when the need arises. It is the same in our League. Had I just shown up once every three or four months, and not done any checking it would be difficult to have a good league.

This is my final comment on the issue. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.


Again, you can't get it through your thick head that I didn't "decide" to blow off anything. You act like I planned the computer crash which is complete bullshit. Considering my contract was expiring and I had resumes, etc on my computer I was in panic mode but that doesn't much matter now. I find it remarkable that you continue to use terms like "blow off" and "decided to do this". No, I had a plan of action but a technical difficulty prevented the execution. That's really not the issue though and obviously something you can't understand. The problem is YOU approaching me as a complete jerk and still continuing to do so yet smiling the entire time saying "oh I'm not insulting you". Yeah, right.

Then you say you had to find someone to take my place yet previously you had said you had people lined up waiting. Which one is it? Would 4 hours really have made much of a difference, I think not. No, you imposed the deadline simply to be a hardass and that was the final straw for me. Maybe one day you'll wake up and realize that a little bit of tact and empathy goes a long way. I didn't come in here making demands but took exception to your approach. You simply don't care how others feel and that's obvious. You don't really "wish me well"--you truthfully couldn't care less and we both know it.

For the record, I've done more than just correct language (which you continuously reminded me was overmoderating). Don't really care if what I do meets your approval or not, as long as Pudge is happy then that's all that matters and if he's not, I'm quite sure he'll let me know it. I have participated in the past 2-3 years, that's a sheer exaggeration on your part.

Shame it had to be like this but you really have no one but yourself to blame for it although you'll continue to point the finger at me...

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:51 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25567
Location: North Carolina
I wasn't going to get involved in this spat, as I've tried to make a concerted effort to not flex any muscle when it comes to the fantasy league, but I'm going to insert my two cents, whether it's welcome or not...

I understand BirdBrain that as commish of the league, there are rules, and you took an appropriately hard line with enforcing those rules in regards to Cappy's issues.

But I do think you could have done so in a more tactful manner...

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Pudge wrote:
I wasn't going to get involved in this spat, as I've tried to make a concerted effort to not flex any muscle when it comes to the fantasy league, but I'm going to insert my two cents, whether it's welcome or not...

I understand BirdBrain that as commish of the league, there are rules, and you took an appropriately hard line with enforcing those rules in regards to Cappy's issues.

But I do think you could have done so in a more tactful manner...


Your two cents is always welcome Pudge, as is anyone else. And you are correct in not "flexing any muscle". That wouldn't be appropriate.

As far as "Tact" goes, the level of tact is always in the eye of the beholder. Having worked in a profession where tact is very important, I understand when, where and how much to use it. But it also works both ways and context is very important. Cappy had every opportunity to decide to stay in the league. He decided not to. He also was not forthcoming in his account of what happened.

We are moving on.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:

Your two cents is always welcome Pudge, as is anyone else. And you are correct in not "flexing any muscle". That wouldn't be appropriate.

As far as "Tact" goes, the level of tact is always in the eye of the beholder. Having worked in a profession where tact is very important, I understand when, where and how much to use it. But it also works both ways and context is very important. Cappy had every opportunity to decide to stay in the league. He decided not to. He also was not forthcoming in his account of what happened.

We are moving on.


You are so full of yourself it's hilarious! I had every opportunity to stay in the league? Not when you want me to step and fetch at your every whim I didn't! If you'd have quit pushing and let me have the 4 hours I wanted, this probably would have ended differently but you continuously pushing me is why this is where there is and exactly why I told you where you could stick your deadline. You need to accept that.

I was VERY forthcoming in my account of what happened and I don't appreciate you calling me a liar (without having the guts to actually say it) when there is absolutely no precedent for it. The fact is your opinion of me was jaded before I ever RESPECTFULLY REQUESTED to be allowed to put in my keepers as you put a very insulting post up when someone asked about me. It is not my fault you cannot differentiate between a non-functional PERSONAL computer and a functional WORK computer with very limited social networking capability. I work at a facility that has stringent filters and only certain things get through. I have explained this thoroughly and you refuse to accept it for whatever reason.

Since you kept such close tabs on where I was and what I was doing, you also should have the good sense to know that I was posting during normal business hours on AF.com and if you knew I was on there, should have PM'd me and let me know you where there and asked if there was a problem but the truth is you just didn't give a damn. Further, I even posted on my Facebook (another site we have limited function on the work computers--which I'm on my personal computer at the moment) that my computer was screwed back on August 17th. The computer crashed on the 12th, I worked on it over that weekend and determined the hard drive was bad. On the 17th, I brought the hard drive to a co-worker who was going to help me get the information off of it since he works in IT. I finally got everything running on my PERSONAL computer on the 25th. Not sure what's so difficult for you to grasp about that and certainly nothing there is a lie which you continue to imply. All could have been verified if really needed be although I feel that since there is no precedent for me lying (see last year's draft) my statement should have been accepted at face value and not put under your inquisition, especially as faulty as it was.

No, this one is squarely on you. I did everything I needed to do in this instance. I reported the problem as quickly as I could, made a courteous request despite your insulting comments and committed to resolve my position within a very short window of time. You wanted to be a prick about it plain and simple and not give an inch so therefore you lost a player. Now please, keep your mouth shut and do not post anymore lies about me and this will end. Keep posting lies and I will refute them vigorously as I will not stand for you or anybody to attack my character and integrity.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:24 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Look Cappy ...this is over. You had plenty of time before Your "crash" to set your keepers. You had plenty of time to find a way to let me or someone else know you were having problems. It isn't important whether I believe your story or not, as the decision to quit the League was yours, and yours alone. You had months to go over your roster, select your keepers, research the draft etc. Others did this. I sent you numerous emails, and posted here and on the Fantasy site the upcoming off-season schedule. You failed to prepare.

It is fairly common when people get in a "fix" that they come up with a "Doggie ate my homework" excuse. I was perfectly willing to look past the deception and have you continue in the League.You would have been able to keep your core players. However you chose to try to play "control" games, when you were the one in the wrong. I had to set a time deadline, which required from you a simple yes or no answer. Instead you used a fairly common attempt at manipulation when a concrete deadline is set.The deadline wasn't an attempt to make you even more angry. I had to let others know if the spot was going to be open or not. They had to know ASAP if they had to change their plans to be at the draft, which was less than 48 hours away.

I have taken this situation to a few others involved in Fantasy sports, and to a man they agree that you had plenty of time to set your keepers. They also agree that you should have found some way to contact the League to let them know you were having problems. There are many ways you could have done this. I'm sure your "IT" friends you work with could have sent an email to someone here.Or use there iphone to get on ESPN.com and check a few boxes. The library comes to mind as well, as the many other cafes etc. The bottom line is you screwed up, and now you are trying to blame me for your own decision making.

It is obvious in your language that you don't respect the League or authority. Things like "step and fetch" or "pushing you" are indicative of someone who feels THEY are losing control. You need to step back and reread the whole thread from the start. There was no reason to subject the commish or the League to this kind of behavior right before the draft. The burden of proof was on you. And you are 100% correct that I don't understand how a computer at work gets AF.com, but not ESPN or the various other sites you could have used. I ran this by some people as well, and they just laughed. In a pinch you could have easily had your "IT" guy get around the filter for you. I mean if he can fix your hard drive on company time, he can do you this little favor. The bottom line is you had plenty of time to so SOMETHING. You did NOTHING.

I have tried to put an end to this, but you won't let it die. Last year should have been a teaching moment for you when you missed the draft, and the first weeks of the pick-em contest. Because of your history you have become the "Boy who cried Wolf". I understand your frustration, but you only have yourself to blame. All you had to do was say "yes". Then we could have moved on. There is no logical reason after 6-7 months that you needed more "time". I also find it amusing that you have violated countless rules in your insults and language, and as a moderator that is unacceptable. Like I said ...."tact" goes both ways.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Look Cappy ...this is over. You had plenty of time before Your "crash" to set your keepers. You had plenty of time to find a way to let me or someone else know you were having problems. It isn't important whether I believe your story or not, as the decision to quit the League was yours, and yours alone. You had months to go over your roster, select your keepers, research the draft etc. Others did this. I sent you numerous emails, and posted here and on the Fantasy site the upcoming off-season schedule. You failed to prepare.

It is fairly common when people get in a "fix" that they come up with a "Doggie ate my homework" excuse. I was perfectly willing to look past the deception and have you continue in the League.You would have been able to keep your core players. However you chose to try to play "control" games, when you were the one in the wrong. I had to set a time deadline, which required from you a simple yes or no answer. Instead you used a fairly common attempt at manipulation when a concrete deadline is set.The deadline wasn't an attempt to make you even more angry. I had to let others know if the spot was going to be open or not. They had to know ASAP if they had to change their plans to be at the draft, which was less than 48 hours away.

I have taken this situation to a few others involved in Fantasy sports, and to a man they agree that you had plenty of time to set your keepers. They also agree that you should have found some way to contact the League to let them know you were having problems. There are many ways you could have done this. I'm sure your "IT" friends you work with could have sent an email to someone here.Or use there iphone to get on ESPN.com and check a few boxes. The library comes to mind as well, as the many other cafes etc. The bottom line is you screwed up, and now you are trying to blame me for your own decision making.

It is obvious in your language that you don't respect the League or authority. Things like "step and fetch" or "pushing you" are indicative of someone who feels THEY are losing control. You need to step back and reread the whole thread from the start. There was no reason to subject the commish or the League to this kind of behavior right before the draft. The burden of proof was on you. And you are 100% correct that I don't understand how a computer at work gets AF.com, but not ESPN or the various other sites you could have used. I ran this by some people as well, and they just laughed. In a pinch you could have easily had your "IT" guy get around the filter for you. I mean if he can fix your hard drive on company time, he can do you this little favor. The bottom line is you had plenty of time to so SOMETHING. You did NOTHING.

I have tried to put an end to this, but you won't let it die. Last year should have been a teaching moment for you when you missed the draft, and the first weeks of the pick-em contest. Because of your history you have become the "Boy who cried Wolf". I understand your frustration, but you only have yourself to blame. All you had to do was say "yes". Then we could have moved on. There is no logical reason after 6-7 months that you needed more "time". I also find it amusing that you have violated countless rules in your insults and language, and as a moderator that is unacceptable. Like I said ...."tact" goes both ways.


There was no deception, obviously you don't work on a military installation and thus have no clue how the filters here are set up and no the IT friend could not change the filter if he wanted to nor could it be justified. How am I remotely the Boy who cried wolf when I've NEVER asked for an exception to ANYTHING before? You can't even keep your own story straight! You earned those insults and language contained and I'm not a bit sorry for it and mean every single word of it. You act as if I had no plan of action at all and I clearly spelled out what my intentions were.

I respect the league fine, it's you I have absolutely zero respect for and that's because of your attitude and unfounded remarks towards me. Again, you could have easily given me until 7pm which Dave said was more than reasonable and when Pudge admonished you for your handling of the situation you still refuse to take ownership. You knew I was posting on the AF.com site and could have easily PM'd me to see if I was having problems. I don't have anyone's email address here memorized nor did I even know you were on the AF.com boards. I'm not losing control at all, I just simply don't appreciate your calling me a liar when you don't have the first clue of what you are talking about and won't own up to the fact that you have perpetuated this.

I'm not the one that's been admonished here, you are. You want to let it go, then quit posting and I won't feel the need to respond to your unfounded allegations. Keep posting lies and I'll keep responding that is entirely up to you.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:00 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12231
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
Take charge of your life Cappy. Learn to take responsibility when you screw up. Learn how to organize your life so you don't forget things you may later regret. And above all learn to practice what you preach.

Like I said many times, blaming this on me just shows your lack of maturity. I have seen this type of behavior many times. You are no different than any other person who has cried wolf in a similar situation. Your response is expected to be dramatic and disrespectful. No one admonished me. Pudge just said that he would have used more tact. He said my decision, though hardline, was appropriate.

I hope you do learn from this. Sometimes a situation like this can make a person more resourceful and aware of their responsibilities.

_________________


Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm".
Henry David Thoreau

Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail.

"Luck is the residue of design." - Branch Rickey


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline
Cap Guru
Cap Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:28 am
Posts: 2071
Location: Macon, GA
BirdBrain wrote:
Take charge of your life Cappy. Learn to take responsibility when you screw up. Learn how to organize your life so you don't forget things you may later regret. And above all learn to practice what you preach.

Like I said many times, blaming this on me just shows your lack of maturity. I have seen this type of behavior many times. You are no different than any other person who has cried wolf in a similar situation. Your response is expected to be dramatic and disrespectful. No one admonished me. Pudge just said that he would have used more tact. He said my decision, though hardline, was appropriate.

I hope you do learn from this. Sometimes a situation like this can make a person more resourceful and aware of their responsibilities.


Spare me the psychobabble. I didn't "forget' anything. All I ever blamed on you was being a prick towards me with your comments and imposing a deadline that I couldn't meet because I had to go pay bills before places closed and I wasn't going to make a decision off a draft I haven't seen or in a bad frame of mind but you chose not to allow me that measly 4 hours.

_________________
Follow me on Twitter @MidGaGator72


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:50 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4378
Location: Vancouver, WA
Wow... :shock:

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


cron