Let’s take a look at the various tweets, articles, reports, news and rumors that surfaced from the first day of Atlanta Falcons training camp:
- AtlantaFalcons.com’s Jay Adams writes five things we learned about the first day of camp.
- Not to be outdone, Jay Clemons for FOX Sports also has five takeaways from the first day of camp.
- ESPN’s Vaughn McClure also has his thoughts and observations from the first day.
- Josh Wilson opened up training camp atop the depth chart at nickel cornerback. Wilson will be competing with three other Falcons for the honors of being the team’s top cornerback off the bench: Robert McClain (the incumbent), Javier Arenas and Ricardo Allen.
- While there appears little doubt that Devin Hester will handle the Falcons return duties this year on both kickoffs and punts, the team is also looking for capable reserves to fill in just in case Hester is out of the equation. Harry Douglas, Wilson, Arenas, Bernard Reedy and Tramaine Thompson took reps in the return game.
- The official site has a series of pictures from Day 1, including the one shown above.
- One of the newest Falcons, linebacker Pat Angerer discusses his return from microfracture surgery on his knee.
- Falcon fans enjoyed everything they saw from wide receiver Julio Jones today. As noted earlier today, Falcon fans shouldn’t expect to see Jones on Saturday given his planned practice schedule for camp.
— Jay Adams (@FalconsJAdams) July 25, 2014